Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Food Truck Fest

I'm back!!!  I have a few things to share, but I'll be breaking it up in three different post just to keep you guys coming back for more!

First let's talk about this weather.  I know if you are reading this and live on the east coast of the United States you might get upset about what I'm about to describe as winter here in Al Ain.  Since I've been back we have been experiencing our winter season.  The days start of cool somewhere in the 50's ( I say somewhere even though it's most likely the high 50's because we have windy days that make it feel like it could be the low 50's), by the afternoon we are in the 70's, and in the evening back to the 50's.  You would think that this weather is no big deal, especially if you're experiencing a snow storm every week.  Well, at school I started seeing boys coming to school wearing coats (yes coats, not jackets), scarves, mittens, and hats to keep them warm.  Oh, and this wasn't just the kids who were trying to stay warm, the women and my job were wrapped up as well.  Lately the weather has been very back and forth.  During the week it will be nice spring weather and then by the weekend it could be cool enough to throw on a jacket.   It's very unpredictable at this point.  I said all of that really to make some of you jealous but also to use it as a segue into my next topic.

The weekend of Valentine's Day, Al Ain hosted a food truck festival.  Based on how the weather had been we all knew that it would be a nice event outside at the park.  We were right about the event being nice, but we were wrong about the weather.  Our winter had taken a break (similar to what is happening in Atlanta from what I hear) and it was hot.  It was like if you are in the sun you are sweating hot!  We thought our winter here was officially over, but we were wrong.  But like I said the event was nice and we had a good time.

The food truck festival was a small event (small amount of trucks and literally small trucks), but it was big for Al Ain.  We usually have to travel to the Abu Dhabi or Dubai to attend a festival.  Luckily this event was traveling to three parts of Abu Dhabi - out west in the desert (all of it is technically the desert, but out west is nothing but desert), Al Ain, and then the city of Abu Dhabi. The Chairman of Tourism and Culture went to Europe, experienced food trucks, decided to ship some trucks over, and make it into a festival for all of the Abu Dhabi Emirate to experience.  Now I'll share some of my experience with you!



My recommendation: British Cheddar


I loved these small trucks!

My recommendation:  lamb and the king prawns







Wam Bui and I  enjoying the festival

James and David stuffing their faces




 Pretty sure these hot-dogs weren't pork.





This juice was delicious!  My recommendation:  pink lemon..aid


 








The spread!

1 comment:

  1. This sandwich is kinda what I think the fusion food truck movement is all about, Best Food Truck In LA

    ReplyDelete