Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sister Visit

So my next post was supposed to be on the camel race I attended in February.  Unfortunately I'm still trying to open the file my friend sent with all the pictures and videos (I forgot my phone at home and had to use her camera).  So I will table that post for another day when I have nothing else to talk about.

For now let's talk about my first visitors!!!  At the beginning of March my two sisters - Asani and Briana, along with our friend Traci came to visit me.  I was so excited my family was going to see where I have been living for the past seven months.  Of course the time went by too fast, especially because they were only here from Friday to Monday.  That's not enough time when you're traveling internationally FYI.  I was just as tired as they were if not more by the time they left.  Check out our weekend together.




Our view. No, not from my house.  Our view from our hotel room in Abu Dhabi!

First stop, desert safari.


Dune bashing time.  EEEEE!


Desert photo shoot....


gone wrong!


Man down!  It's not easy walking up these sand dunes.

My attempt at sand boarding was a fail.  I wasn't on a big enough slope.  Therefore I didn't move at all.


Guess what day it is??  Not hump day, but we got enough time on the camel for some photos.





We were ready for some action on the ATV's. 






Time for entertainment and dinner.







Day one complete and we were ready for some sleep!

Ready to hit the road on day two.

Brunch time.  Coffee anyone?


Sightseeing in Dubai








Day Three, back in Abu Dhabi at the Grand Mosque















 Emirates Palace



Gold to go!  This is first gold ATM machine in the UAE.


On the steps of the palace.







Briana hugging my car.  She called it a clown car.  We definitely looked like clowns after packing ourselves and all of the luggage in there.

Last group photo after a great dinner at the souk.

That's it for this visit.My next group of visitors will be here at the end of April.  For now I'm getting ready for my Spring Break.  I'm heading back to Thailand.   Three years ago I had the opportunity to visit Phuket when a friend of mine was teaching English in Thailand.  This time I'll be in the city of Bangkok and then head back to Phuket to hang out at the beach.


2 comments:

  1. Great pics!! Glad your first visitors got to do soooo much! Can't wait to come see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looked like so much fun. Love the updates and pics! And no, a weekend is not enough when traveling internationally. - Tedra

    ReplyDelete