Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ski Dubai

The weekend before last (yes, I'm late with this post) I took yet another trip down the highway to Dubai to visit Ski Dubai.  This time my trip was a success!  My first attempt was during Eid weekend and it was a failure due to the sea of people.  We couldn't even walk through the crowd to get to the counter.  This time we walked right up to the counter.  We paid  200 Dirham ($54.45) for two hours of skiing, pants, a coat, boots, snowboard or skis, and a helmet if you choose to wear one.

Once you get inside the actual snow arena you can ski or snowboard, go snow tubing, have a penguin experience, or roll in a huge snowball.  For some reason I didn't think it would be as cold inside this snow arena as it is when you are outside skiing, but it was.  My fingertips actually got a little cold.  Thank goodness I brought my Green Bay Packers hat to keep my head warm (Go Pack Go! I actually ran into another Packers fan while boarding).  Due to all of these activities there were only two slopes to ski down.  There were two lifts and no line, so I would say that the runs were good for practice.  If you are an advanced boarder or skier then you might not find this place too exciting.  For me, it was a fun experience and another item checked off my list.





Here's Ashley about to take her ski lesson.

Part of the slopes.

Snowball!  People get inside of these and roll down a small hill.

View from the lift








No comments:

Post a Comment