Monday, September 8, 2014

The Mall With It All

When I began to tell people I was moving to Abu Dhabi it seemed like everyone knew someone over here.  Luckily I knew Nichelle.  She worked with me at Drew (my old school) and had been living in Abu Dhabi for the past three years.  I emailed Nichelle to let her know that I had made it to town and we met later in the week.

When Nichelle picked me up she took me around town.  



She took me to the Emirates Palace



The palace looked like the Bellagio in Vegas.

Next, we went to the mall.  That's where I saw the light...

They had a lot more American restaurants like Fridays, Hardees, Applebees, Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's, and the list goes on.  The mall has everything you need and want.  This is where the locals hang out.  It's not like in the states where kids are hanging out with their friends although you do see this.  Here you mostly see families hanging out at the mall together.  If you go to the mall after 6:30pm the mall is packed!  You would think there was a special event going on, but no.  And let me not forget to mention that the food court is packed!  They aren't just walking around the mall, they are having dinner too!  The mall is the place to be and that's why they have malls everywhere.

1 comment: