Thursday, September 4, 2014

Welcome

So many people asked me if I was going to have a blog while overseas.  They wanted to be able to keep in touch and see how things are going on my adventure.  I wasn't sure at first, but then everyone kept asking the same questions.  Then the blog seemed like a very good idea.  Instead of having to repeat myself 500 times I would just post what's going on once!

Now even though I am a teacher, I might not always follow the crazy grammar rules that have been set in place (sorry Mom).  I will use spell check though!  This is the place where I will post my pictures and let everyone know what I'm doing for the next two years of my life.  :)  For those strangers who don't know me and have just so happened to stumble upon my page, let me give you a little background info.

I graduated in 2006 from the best HBCU (Historically Black Colleges & Universities) North Carolina A&T...Aggie Pride!  At that point I realized I could teach anywhere in the world and that would be a great experience.  Well, I finally got the courage to do so eight years later.  Time was passing me by and I couldn't allow myself to pass up such a great opportunity.  I knew that if I didn't go teach overseas I would regret it for the rest of my life.  So I had to stop being scared and just do it.  So here I am, in Abu Dhabi!

Join me on my adventure for the next two years.  Oh the places I'll go!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read along and imagine all the places you'll describe. Ready...set...go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit, I somehow stumbled across your blog on fb. So excited and proud for you!!! Enjoy your travels! Teach well and learn a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aggie Pride!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› I am heading over soon and I am soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete